I am a graduate of C. W. Post College on Long Island, New York, with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting and graduate work in Finance at Georgia State University. After graduation in 1969, I worked for a large CPA firm in New York and earned a CPA certificate in 1972.
After a brief period working as an Assistant Controller for First Atlanta Bank, I moved to Birmingham in 1974 to manage the Corporate Accounting Department of SONAT (now owned by El Paso Natural Gas), a major natural gas pipeline with interests in oil and gas exploration and production.
I changed careers in late 1985 and spent most of my early commercial real estate career as a partner with Crest Realty. I have extensive experience in office and retail property sales and leasing as well as land sales for office, industrial and restaurant development. I specialize in buyer and tenant representation and am one of the foremost brokers for restaurant leasing and development in the Birmingham metropolitan area. I have helped many doctors, dentists and professionals buy and lease their professional offices. I developed the 16,000 square foot Lakeshore Village Shopping Center on Lakeshore Parkway, in which I am a partner and manager. I have also developed a small retail building in Hueytown and have bought and sold many commercial properties for my own account.
• 1991 Awarded Life Member for “Commercial Million Dollar Sales Club” by Birmingham Association of Realtors
• 1993 Awarded Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation
• 1994 Served as President Birmingham Commercial Real Estate Club
• 1994 Chosen “Commercial Realtor of the Year” by Birmingham Association of Realtors
• 1997-1999 Served three terms as a Director of Hoover (Alabama) Chamber of Commerce, again for 2012-2014
and additional terms from 2015-2019
• 1998 Awarded Vulcan Award for “Commercial Million Dollar Sales Club” by Birmingham Association of Realtor
• 1999 Nominated as “Small Business Advocate of the Year” by Birmingham Chamber of Commerce
• 2002 Served as President Alabama CCIM Chapter
• 2005 Included in “Who’s Who in Commercial Real Estate” by Birmingham Business Journal
• 2012 Awarded Life Membership in CCIM in recognition of service
• 2015 Twenty Year Award in “Club of Excellence” from Birmingham BCRC
• 2016 Awarded “Board Member of the Year” by Hoover Chamber of Commerce